- 1 in 50,000 births.
- Single cyst in a central position with no signs of compression and no associated altered echogenicity of the adjacent lung.
- The incidence of chromosomal abnormalities and genetic syndromes is not increased.
- Detailed ultrasound examination.
- Ultrasound scans every 4 weeks to monitor the evolution of the lesion.
- Place: hospital with neonatal intensive care and pediatric surgery.
- Time: 38 weeks.
- Method: if there is evidence of bronchial obstruction delivery should be by cesarean section with EXIT procedure.
- The cysts are usulally asymptomatic except in cases of tracheobronichal obstruction.
- No increased risk of recurrence.